Our organic mulling spice is a festive blend of pungent, warming spices that is popular during the holiday season. In many ancient cultures across Europe and Asia spices were added to wine to warm the body and to toast holiday celebrations.
Mulling spice is pungent and warming aromatic blend with spicy and sweet flavors. It can be used for spicing wine, cider, or added to homebrew recipes such as cyser.
How to make hot mulled wine or non-alcoholic cider:
- 750 mL bottle of wine or cider (about 25 oz.)
- 3 Tbsp. organic mulling spice
- Honey, sugar, or maple syrup to taste (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy bottomed pot at medium-high heat until it reaches a simmer, avoid letting it bubble.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover.
- Gently simmer for at least 15 minutes or up to 3 hours.
- Scoop out the spices with a mesh spoon or other straining device.
- Taste and add your favorite sweetener if preferred.
- Serve in mugs with a slice of fresh orange for festive flair.
- Steeping the spices in a large cloth bag makes straining much easier.
- This recipe is easily adjusted to taste, and the measurements are forgiving if you don’t have the precise amount of ingredients. Easily increase or decrease the quantity for small and large batches.
- A crock pot can also be used to slowly heat wine or cider if you have more time. Add ingredients to the crock and leave on low for at least an hour before serving.
Organic cassia cinnamon chips, organic oranges, organic allspice, organic orange peel, organic ginger, organic cloves, and organic anise star pods.
This product contains cinnamon, consult with a qualified healthcare practitioner prior to use.